Friday, August 24, 2018

rifle-club:
““It has occurred to me that Ted and I are almost like disowned parts of each other. Ted the Unabomber represents the violence and pessimism that I reject. David, the semi-famous “moral hero,” represents the inauthenticity of hope in a...
rifle-club:
It has occurred to me that Ted and I are almost like disowned parts of each other. Ted the Unabomber represents the violence and pessimism that I reject. David, the semi-famous “moral hero,” represents the inauthenticity of hope in a world gone fundamentally awry. Ted’s cruelty stigmatizes my good name; but my reputation for goodness comes at his expense. Like all contrived opposites, we reinforce one another. The worst thing he can do to me is deny any opportunity for reconciliation. Hope of reconciliation is something I am bound to maintain, but it costs me little–only the sneaking intuition that an important part of me is missing.
David Kaczynski on Ted, from the book Brothers by Andrew Blauner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter