Thursday, March 14, 2019

humansofnewyork:
““I haven’t been able to work since my heart surgery. It’s been several years since I lost my apartment. Now I have memory problems. I can remember things from my childhood, but lots of important things I’m forgetting. I think I’m...

humansofnewyork:

“I haven’t been able to work since my heart surgery.  It’s been several years since I lost my apartment.  Now I have memory problems.  I can remember things from my childhood, but lots of important things I’m forgetting.  I think I’m about sixty years old but I lost my social security card and ID.  When I have a thought in my brain, I forget it before it comes out of my mouth.  I sleep on the street.  I come here every day for warmth.  During the day I can’t go anywhere else because they don’t let me inside.  There’s a lot of provocation out there.  I can’t stand anywhere for long.  People call the police.  They don’t trust me.  They think I’m a terrorist.  I have to keep moving because my heart can’t handle the confrontation.  I get very weak.  My whole body trembles.  Sometimes I pass out.  People approach me from agencies but I don’t trust them.  I don’t trust anyone.  They want to get my benefits so they can steal them.  When your memory is bad, they steal your benefits.  I just need to get healthy so I can remember exactly what happened.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter