Thursday, March 16, 2017
The Hatred, by Pietro Pajetta. 1896 Pajetta’s Hatred takes its inspiration from Lorenzo Stecchetti’s Song of Hate (Canto dell'Odio) which tells the story of a rejected suitor who takes his revenge on the corpse of his beloved. “I shall with mine own nails dig up the earth by your virtue made dung and split asunder the foul planks which hold your infamous carrion Ah, how in your heart still vermillion shall I quench the hate of old Ah with what joy shall I protrude my claw.”
Wednesday, March 15, 2017
Presenting "Rocket", the fucking full time legend that rocks the cover of this edition of the HST Quarterly!
FUCKING GET AROUND IT YOU MAD BASTARDS! ~ Full photo shoot here!
horror, adj. inspiring or creating loathing, aversion, etc.
sleaze, adj. contemptibly low, mean, or disreputable
trash, n. literary or artistic material of poor or inferior quality
Welcome to the Spring 2017 issue of HST Quarterly, the curated collection from Horror, Sleaze and Trash.
Featuring poems by Brenton Booth, Cassandra Dallett, Jason Hardung, Kerney Bee, Arthur Graham, J.J. Campbell, Michael D. Goscinski, Ben John Smith, Karina Bush, Justin Grimbol, Christopher P.P. White, Paul Tristram, Ryan Quinn Flanagan, David Mac, John Yamrus, John Grochalski, Craig Scott, Casey Renee Kiser, David P. Bates, Karl Koweski, Lara Konesky, Paul Harrison, Benjamin Blake, and Ally Malinenko.
Check out our downloads page for a free ebook, or PayPal $5 to firstname.lastname@example.org for your hand-made, limited-edition print copy.
DOWNLOAD THE EBOOK HERE - HSTQ_Spring 2017_ebook
Tuesday, March 14, 2017
The last diary entry German school shooter Sebastian Bosse made dated on the same day he went to the Geschwister-Scholl-Realschule in Emsdetten, North Rhine-Westphalia and wounded five students before killing himself. He started documenting his thoughts and plans in a diary and made his first entry on August 10, 2006.
things herbert mullin blamed for his murder of eleven of more people;
- killing people would prevent earthquakes from happening, and had to be done in order to save the state of california.
- voices told him to kill.
- his victims had telepathically given him permission to kill them.
- that one specific time someone gave him marijuana that was an effort to “befuddle and confuse” him. thinks that if that man had not given him marijuana, he’d have just become an artist.
- his family wouldn’t let him be bisexual, which made him murderous.
- he wasn’t allowed to join the marine corps or coast guard, which made him murderous.
- mullins was born on the anniversary of albert einstein’s death, which led him to believe he was designated to be the leader of the universe.
- telepathic messages from his father saying “herb, i want you to kill me somebody”.
- his father never gave him a blowjob and none of his family members gave him orgasms (which herbert thought should have been happening by the age of six), so he had to kill people, i guess???
- his drug use was an effect of his father not having sex with him, and was another thing he blamed for his murderous ideas.
- satan “got into him” and made him do things he didn’t want to do.
- his parents were devoutly religious, but herbert believed that “jesus christ was a lie”, and any children who studied religion (as he was forced to do) would become susceptible to telepathic messages ordering them to commit suicide or homicide.
This is an actual picture of a molecule, taken by IBM. What fascinates me is we’ve always had theoretical ideas of what atoms and molecules were supposed to look like, having never actually seen one. Then we finally have a camera capable of taking a photo and - we were right all along. That’s what they look like. (Source)When theory is proven in reality! Nothing is as awe inspiring and thrilling as when beleif and truth line up