Wednesday, July 31, 2013



"Retreat" ~ Ben John Smith

It was meant to be a retreat for writers; Well, not a retreat. it was a school, basically, retreat is too strong of a word. They had a room cornered off with a clothes line that housed a single bed. Another room, also bounded by clothes lines, housed a special blend of quasi Cat - quasi Armadillo type creature.  A woman with a club foot and a perfect smile fed them shiny yellow goldfish. I guessed she was our teacher.

The first lesson was a simple one.  We were asked to record our feelings in front of a film recorder.  Three men with extremely large heads where there to operate the cameras.  Their faces were the size of a normal mans, but their heads three times as large.  Like little features on a massive island. It was the strangest thing.

Another lodger, another student i should say, took off her top and rubbed the face of the semi cat come semi armadillo into her breasts.  She said she felt like a Pharaoh.  I was next but i didn't know what to do. I stood in front of the camera and pushed my eyes across my face with my fingers to make me look Asian. I said "I want to be a doctor, because i want to help people".

The teacher stood up and slapped me across the face and calmly asked me to leave the room.  She said i would never make a good writer.  The person behind me stuck a ball point pen into the eye of his dick and every one applauded.

As security dragged me to my car i spat on every one i could.  The school had failed to teach me anything and out side, in the car park, dusting my self off; i lit a smoke and thought of all the cool things i should have said to my teacher when she was being an asshole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter