Tuesday, May 31, 2016

earthstory:
“ Babingtonite
While I normally share colourful and transparent minerals, I am personally fond of opaques, or those like this one that are so dark green that they appear black. For those who like colour and gemminess I selected a cluster...
earthstory:
Babingtonite
While I normally share colourful and transparent minerals, I am personally fond of opaques, or those like this one that are so dark green that they appear black. For those who like colour and gemminess I selected a cluster of dark crystals from China (measuring: 71 mm x 55 mm) sitting on a bed of pale green Prehnite (see http://bit.ly/27ROIRj). Make no mistake about it though it’s the dark stumpy prisms that make this specimen rare and of interest to any serious collector, as they are quite rare, especially in large attractive specimens.
Keep reading
(Source: facebook.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter