Tuesday, April 18, 2017

A Sexual Conscience – Interview with Vanessa de Largie, Australian Actress, Author, Sex Columnist, Journalist and Blogger



Vanessa de Largie hails from Australia and is an award-winning actress, author, prolific sex-columnist, freelance journalist and blogger. Her novels explore the dimensions of female sexuality. She has worked as an entertainer for over 20 years, engaged in film, theater, television, radio, voice over, compère, spoken word and photographic modelling. She currently resides in London where she is studying at The Actors Centre in London as a visiting international artist.
Vanessa de Largie’s writing focuses on feminism, fierce female sexuality and women’s issues. She has published four memoirs. Her columns, essays and feature articles are internationally published and have appeared in The Huffington Post, Maxim Magazine (monthly column), Penthouse Magazine, The Daily Telegraph, The Courier Mail, Kinkly, Rebelle Society, Cara Sutra, Thought Catalog, The Sydney Morning Herald, Milk Bar (Melbourne), The Mercury (Tasmania) and The Canberra Times among many others.

http://facebook.com/OfficialVanessadeLargiehttp:
//twitter.com/VanessadeLargiehttp:
//pinterest.com/VanessadeLargie
CV: http://www.vanessadelargie.net/cv.html

NP: You’re an enchanting, adventurous and sensuous soul that is both assertive and charismatic with an independent spirit my research notes suggest. Your columns in Maxim Magazine, The Huffington Post and Penthouse Magazine (to name just a few) are what might be described as those of ‘a street savvy public intellectual’ that combines the spiritual and sensual with a pragmatic, open-minded ‘way of seeing’ things. You don’t mince words and are a refreshing breath in your perception of the world around you. How would you describe your youth and young adult years and the process in which you shaped the narrative of your life? What was the effect of religion, culture and societal norms on you, if any?

de Largie: I was born to elderly parents who had already raised four sons.  My mother definitely didn’t plan to have a fifth child! Because of my parent’s age, I was given a wealth of freedom and support. My sexual self was present from “day dot” or from an early age. I’ve felt sexually curious my entire life.  It’s how I connect with the outer world. My late father was Catholic and my late mother was Anglican-turned-Atheist.  My parents were liberated, so I don’t feel religion shaped my narrative as such. I’ve always been driven and have always known what I wanted to do with my life.
‘Self’ – individualism’ and ‘liberty’ are the things I value most. I feel uncomfortable with projected reality (or reality projected on me) and conventionalism. I’m always trying to find ways to escape them – fucking, acting and writing allow me to do this.

http://www.ljfrank.com/archives/1201

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter