Sunday, May 2, 2010

Future serial killers

kids-4.jpg

"This is a little gallery of children's drawings copied and painted realistically by Dave Devries as part of a project called Monster Engine. What's Monster Engine? The opposite of an angel caboose, silly! Eleven years ago Dave Devries started the Monster Engine project with one single question: What would a child's drawing look like if it were painted realistically? The process is simple. I project a child's drawing with an opaque projector, faithfully tracing each line. Applying a combination of logic and instinct, I then paint the image as realistically as I can. My medium is mixed--primarily acrylic, airbrush, and colored pencil.

Dave admittedly does a great job, but I'm still convinced most of these kids are, or will soon be, serial killers. Don't get me wrong, I've been known to crush a box of Count Chocula in my day, but -- you see where this is going? I hate myself already."

i prefer the originals . com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter